Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hel in a Handbasket

Well, I`m trying something new by posting the e-mail. Maybe the photos will come through.Read Message
  
PreviousNext|Back to Messages
From:
"prudence21@juno.com"  
To : prudence21@juno.com
Cc:managersma@yahoo.com
Subject : Hel in a Handbasket
Date : Sun, Jul 20, 2014 06:49 AM
Attachment(s): 14 photo(s)/image(s) | Total File Size: 25.4M
  EmailVideo Mail EmailVideo Mail    Report As JunkBlock Sender [Print]
 
 
 

Because of the time it took to fill out paperwork, I almost missed my ride. I thought Inija was picking me up in her new car, but her brother, Valdas, found me instead and whisked me to the Guest House. I could have stayed at Inija’s, but when I went there after they told me my room wasn’t ready, and I saw three half-naked men asleep in the beds (it was about 90 degrees outside – I guess I brought the California weather with me), I was glad to be staying in a private room with my own bath.
I did get to see Rimgaille and her two darling children before I wandered off to Tele2 for a sim card and time on the antique cell phone Inija gave me. (It was Jonas’.) Enjoyed a very nice repast at the Poppy Café nearby. I`ve been there before. Inija is at 27 Vivulskio and the guest house it at 36. I had recommended it as the host hotel for the conference since it has a great location and great prices (I paid $140 for five nights.) It used to be the Teachers` University Hostel, and I`ve been staying there since 1998!(It was very bleak & Russian then, but has been nicely redone, although I miss the huge old bathtubs.)
    I`d asked Inija if there were anything I could do to help with the conference, and she said she was worried about contacting all the visitors to inform them about transportation arrangements tomorrow to Verkiai Palace. I told her I`d take care of it, and I did by posting a sign between the elevators with instructions on when to meet. My luggage has NOT arrived.

PROGRAMME OF THE CONFERENCE
„MOTHER EARTH, UNITE US“
Conference of European Congress of Ethnic Religions (ECER ),  July 8 – 11, Vilnius (Lithuania).

July 8, Verkiai Palace (Žaliųjų ežerų str. 49)
 
9:30 Registration of the participants
10:00 – 11:30 Opening of Conference and Open circle discussion
·    Welcoming speeches by Inija Trinkuniene and Andras Corban
·    Interactive presentations of each participating organization in Open circle discussion
11:30  Coffee break
11:30 – 13:00 Screening and discussion R. Balkute, N. Laurinkiene movie Premier “Rye Harvest and Relics of Rituals Dedicated to Mother Earth in Lithuanian Village.”
Screening of a movie on Gaya: Animate Earth: Science, Intuition and Gaya
13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
14:30 – 16:30 Continuation of Open circle discussion
16:30 - Child Blessing
17:00 Ritual folk group Kulgrinda and kankles player ZemynaTrinkunaite performance
18:00 Opening Ritual in the park
19:00 Dinner


 

Photos & Images
Help
 
Click on an image below to enlarge. Then print or save the image.    Show Thumbnails

 

 Attachments Scanned - No Virus Detected (Learn More)
  

  EmailVideo Mail EmailVideo Mail    Report As JunkBlock Sender [Print]
  
Previous Next | Back to Messages

No comments:

Post a Comment